What is Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy® ?
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy® is a barefoot massage technique using deep compression effleurage strokes that glide over the body. Gravitational force is combined with centrifugal and centripetal movements to create a structural change in chronic soft tissue damage.
It provides deep relaxation while stimulating the lymphatic and circulatory systems of the body. Treatment helps relieve muscle pain, increases range of motion and flexibility, improves posture and creates a state of well-being.
Many forms of barefoot massage have been around for many years and have been brought to the United States from India, Japan, Thailand, China and the Philippines. The majority of barefoot massages around the world are done on a floor mat while the therapist uses a chair, pole, or bamboo rods for balance.
In 1995, Ruthie Hardee Piper developed Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy. Two overhead parallel bars are suspended from the ceiling for balance and support of the therapist. The foot allows the therapist to cover a larger area of the muscle and apply a deep relaxing pressure that helps to create the structural change in the soft tissue.
BEFORE BOOKING YOUR ASHIATSU APPOINTMENT, WE PLEASE ASK THAT YOU READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
The perfect Ashiatsu client is healthy and active with no current medical conditions or injuries and weighs more than 120lbs.
- Heart condition, uncontrolled blood pressure, thrombosis, varicose veins, phlebitis, pacemaker, stent or stunt, aneurysm
- Lymphatic conditions, loss of feeling, lupus, kidney disorders, tuberculosis, any inflammatory disorder, epilepsy, stroke
- Boils or abscesses, contagious diseases, plantar warts, cellulitis, open wounds, rashes
- Rib fractures, osteoporosis, dislocation of shoulder, recent injuries or surgeries
- If you are currently pregnant or are trying to get pregnant
- Breast implants within the past 9 months
- Eye procedures within the past 72 hours
- Current fever
Listed pricing on spa services are nonnegotiable. Please click here to view our monthly specials.